I always find that weekends are the best time to bake something, normally I make a quick banana bread to use up the bananas that have gone off but this weekend I wanted something chocolatey. I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies on Tasty and just knew I had to make them.
You will need:
100g – Granulated Sugar
165g – Soft Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon – Salt
115g – Unsalted Butter, Melted
1 – Egg
1 teaspoon – Vanilla Extract
155g Plain Flour
½ teaspoon – Baking Powder
100g – Milk Chocolate
100g – Dark Chocolate
- Whisk together the sugars, salt and butter until it forms a paste with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and then fold the mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spoon the dough into balls on to the baking paper, leaving room for them to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes
This recipe makes 12 cookies but I must have made my cookies a bit big as I could only make 11. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Let me know if you make them in the comments below!