Baking is the perfect thing to do on a Bank Holiday. I had some over ripe bananas so I wanted to make some fairly healthy muffins with a little twist so I added blueberries. If you like the sound of these muffins then here is the recipe.
You will need…
250g self raising flour
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3 tbsp honey
1 large egg
How you make the muffins…
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the banana and blueberries and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, egg and milk.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together gently. Spoon the batter into 9 muffin cases. *I added some blueberries on top just before they went into the oven*
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until they are golden.
When the muffins have cooled I drizzled some icing over the top to decorate them. They are the perfect snack when you want something sweet that isn’t full of sugar. What’s your favourite thing to bake?